Translate

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Battle report CSM VS ELDAR 3k 6th Edition

Hi, like a posted earlier, I tried my CSM list against Eldars. This is my first battle report, all your comments will be appreciate.
 
I tried to be the more precise as possible , Me and my opponent play since 2004 and we keep doing mistake with 3 edition rule book in mind its sometimes confusing.
 
In ours gamming group we rarely make spamming (action to use more than twice the same units beside the troops) list, because we like to enjoy the vision of a bunch of different model on the table.
 
 
First lets start with the presentation of the armies.
 
Here we have my organisation forces 
 
CSM 3k


HQ: Starscreams: Daemon Prince (1 , 230 pts)
Gift of Mutation;Power Armour; Wings;Daemon of Tzeentch
HQ: Huron Blackheart (1 , 160 pts)

Warlord
HQ: Darn the Mystic: Sorcerer (1 , 170 pts)
Bolt Pistol; Force Axe;Power; Increase Mastery Level (x2); Chaos Bike; Sigil of
Corruption; Twin-Linked Boltgun (x1); Spell Familiar;

 Elite: Kajak The Doomed: Helbrute (1 , 100 pts)
Multi-melta; Power Fist;Elite: Sons of the Cyclops: Chaos Terminators (5 , 234 pts)Terminator Armour; Mark of Tzeentch; Power axe (x5);
Combi-Plasmagun (x5); Veterans of the Long War

Troops: The Worms: Chaos Cultists (35 , 162 pts)
 Improvised Armour; Autopistol (x31); Close Combat Weapon (x34); Flamer (x3)
 

Troops: 1st Squad Pon 1: Chaos Space Marines (11 , 300 pts)
Mark of Khorne; Bolt Pistol (x9); Boltgun (x7); Close Combat Weapon (x9); Meltagun; Meltagun;Veterans of the Long War Icon of Wrath; Power Axe (x1); Melta Bombs

Chaos Rhino

Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Warpflame Gargoyles; Combi-Boltgun; Havoc Launcher;

 

Troops: 2nd Squad Pon 1: Chaos Space Marines (11 , 300 pts)

 Mark of Khorne; Bolt Pistol (x9); Boltgun (x7); Close Combat Weapon (x9); Meltagun; Meltagun;Veterans of the Long War Icon of Wrath; Power Axe (x1); Melta Bombs

Chaos Rhino

Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Warpflame Gargoyles; Combi-Boltgun; Havoc Launcher;

 

Troops: 3rd Squad Pon 1: Chaos Space Marines (11 , 300 pts)

 Mark of Khorne; Bolt Pistol (x9); Boltgun (x7); Close Combat Weapon (x9); Meltagun; Meltagun;Veterans of the Long War Icon of Wrath; Power Axe (x1); Melta Bombs

Chaos Rhino

Searchlight; Smoke Launchers; Warpflame Gargoyles; Combi-Boltgun; Havoc Launcher;

 
Fast Attack: Project No 13: Chaos Spawn (5 , 180 pts)
Mark of Nurgle;

Fast Attack: The warp Dust bikers: Chaos Bikers (5 , 210 pts)

Mark of Slaanesh; Bolt Pistol (x4); Close Combat Weapon (x2); Plasma gun (x2);Melta Bombs; Bolt Pistol; Icon of Excess; Lightning Claw (x1) Veterans of the Long War

Fast Attack: BlackSun: Helldrake (1 , 170 pts)

Baleflamer;

Heavy Support: Fury: Maulerfiend (1 , 125 pts)


Heavy Support: Hate: Chaos Predator (1 , 140 pts)
Twin-Linked Lascannon; Lascannon (each side)
Heavy Support: Havocs Team Pon 1: Havocs (5 , 128 pts)
Autocannon (x4)

Aegis Defence Lines (1 , 85 pts)
Icarus lascanon
 
Eldars 3k
 
HQ: Eladrad Ulthran  (1 , 205 pts)
 

HQ: Warlock Council  (3 , 120 pts)

3x signing spear

 

Elite: Fire Dragons (6 , 255 pts)
Wave Serpent
TL Scatter laser, Holo-Fields
 
Elite: Wraithguard (10 , 320 pts)
Wraithcanon
 
Elite: Striking Scorpions (7 , 179 pts)
Scorpion's Claw, crushing blow
 
Troops: Windrider Jetbike Squad (6 , 122 pts)
Shuriken canon X2
 
Troops: Dire Avengers (10 , 130 pts)
 
Troops: Dire Avengers (10 , 130 pts)
 
Troops: Guardian Defenders (11 , 255 pts)
Scatter Laser
Wave Serpent
TL Scatter laser, Holo-Fields

 
Troops: Guardian Defenders (11 , 255 pts)
Scatter Laser
Wave Serpent
TL Scatter laser, Holo-Fields
 
Fast Attack: Warp Spiders  (6 , 159 pts)
Fast shot
 
Fast Attack: Viper Squadron  (2, 160 pts)
Holo-Fields, 2x Starcanon
 
Fast Attack: Crimson Hunter Exarch  (1 , 180 pts)
 
Heavy Support: Fire Prism (1 , 150 pts)
Holo-Fields
 
Heavy Support: Fire Prism (1 , 150 pts)
Holo-Fields
 

Heavy Support: Dark Reapers (5 , 222 pts)

Fast shot

 

Mission (5) Will of the Emperor
Deployment (3) Vanguard Strike
CSM Warlord Trait: Master of Deception
Eldars Warlord Traits: An Eye on Distant events
CSM goes first
 
Powers and gift
CSM
Daemon Prince Gift of Mutation: Bloated
 
Eldars
 
 
 
CSM  Deployment
Objective: Impaled fire warrior ( cut the charge distance by half)
Huron join cultist
Chaos Sorcerer join Spawn
Sons of the Cyclops: Chaos Terminators: Deep strike
1st Squad Pon 1: Chaos Space Marines: Reserve


2nd Squad Pon 1: Chaos Space Marines: infiltrate
The warp Dust bikers: Chaos Bikers: Reserve
Havocs Team Pon 1: Havocs: Infiltrate
 
Eldars Deployment
Objective: Dead terminator from Space hulk (reroll 1 in shooting)
Eldrad join Wraithguard
warlock are spread among the troop
Crimson Hunter Exarch: Reserve
Warp Spiders: Deep strike

Infiltrate
Eldars first deployed Scorpion in ruins in his zone
 
CSM deployed Havoc in the highest building and a rhino on his right flank
 
1st Turn
no initiative steal
no night fight
 
CSM Moves

First I would put some pressure on my opponent so I moved forward with 2 rhino, disembarked from one in order to rapid fire the Scorpions squad. Moving forward with my Maulerfiend and using the cover. Move my spawns forward confident with my feel no pain spell. I flew my Daemon prince behind my rhino in case he's crash (changing in the same time the main axe of my advance). I also move my Hellbrute in order too hide him in the city, when the time to run will comes. And finally I boost my Helldrake in expectation to get the first blood by using daemonforge no matter if I lose him after.(balls move)
 
CSM Shooting
Run my Hellbrute in cover

There a brilliant example of the expression all plans are good until the first bullet are shot. God damn this is my rapid fire against Scorpions. My melta in gold, you will see I often use my gold dice for special weapons. In fact I have so many silly roll these days.
 

I could kill 2 Scorpion with 2x havoc launcher putting them under the warpflame but is extinguish.Wave serpent soak all my Lascanon, but at least I got the first blood by wrecking a Wave Serpent of the fire dragon with my Autocanons, really out of my expectation last few game they haven't do the job (ref my rapid fire ;p). Note disembarking fire dragon cut their mobility yes, but not that much with the new Eldars rule Battle focus they stay a high treats.

Finally I Burn down 6 out of 10, using Daemon forge, Wraithguards with my Helldrake, the first blood already banked, I would reduce another high treat Wraithguard/Eldrad Deathstars.
And no assault
 
1st Turn
Buff: Fortune and conceal
Eldars moves

Eldars can do a good using spells, mainly because they a made for that so my opponent try to mesmerized me with all his fairy dust ;p no seriously he boost his squad and back his Fire Dragon probably in order to keep his wild card in his sleeves. He move one of his Dire Avengers squad in order to release an iron rain on me.
He also move his jetbikes on my flank, maybe a deception move.

Eldars Shooting


Bringing down my Helldrake and greatly reduce my Havocs team but not enough to reduce their efficiency. After a lot of shot, Eldars could claim the air superiority. He also rip apart my faux berserker squad killing 5 of them with AP2 ( I was shock).

And no assault end of Turn 1
 
2nd Turn
Reserve: Chaos terminator arrived to reinforce the feba (Forward Edge of Battle Area) and scattered enough to be out of my rapid fire range, my goal was plasma burn his deathstars
 
Buff: FNP on spawn again
CSM moves
I decided to save the furniture with my marine squad, who was cut in half by Eldars Mach3 munitions, by embarking them in my rhino. I jumped in my Prince in order to assault Scorpions. I moved  my spawns in the forest to grant them cover (they need it lack of armor svg), I also moved my Maulerfiend behind the second rhino granting him with a 4+ cover. I kept my Hellbrute hidden in case of a eldar want to flank.

CSM Shooting

 I blew up the Guardians Wave Serpent with my Havocs Team and I shoot has hell Havoc launchers on them, what it does a lot of havoc when you think about It, and I killed 2 guy with warpflame for sure. I had so well hide my Hellbrute I forgot to shoot with him :S. I also made a mistake I used the rapid fire bolter on fire dragon with my terminator instead shooting my plasma, I would keep it for later, I should see this coming.....
 
CSM Assault


  Like you guess I assault Scorpions with my DP causing them a terrible laugh, fuck only 1 and 2 on the roll again, I presume chaos god had a greater plan behind this.

2nd Turn
Reserve: Warp spiders tried to deepstrike behind the Hellbrute, but scatter on him getting delay.
 
Buff: Boost conceal and divination on Deathstars squad
 
Eldars  moves
No pic available I forget sorry (anyway you will se it on next picture)
 
The Eldars player decide to consolidate in a view of annihilate the treat.
 
Eldars Shooting
And tremendous amount of fire power pulverized, maybe vaporized, my terminator, my rhino and my marine squad at the point my champion decide it was too much for him and take the path of the home to open a beer and forget what just happened. Eldars also shoot my Maulerfiend with his Fire Dragon who walked trough the fire of the wave serpent, resulting in one glance thanks to the daemon rule. In the chaos of the action Fire Dragon forgot to use their battle focus rule to move back.
 
Eldars Assault
 
My prince kill the Exarch that's it !
 
3rd Turn
Reserve: All missed
Buff: FNP on Spawn
 
 

CSM moves
First I moved my Hellbrute on the flank in order to hit the Fire Prism with my multi-melta. I also pushed forward my Maulerfiend to prepare my assault against the Deathstars and I finally moved toward the Fire Dragon with my Spawns and my rhino.
 
 

CSM shooting
I had some trouble to find fire power after the Eldar's blister, all my shooting only slightly damages my foe
 
 
CSM Assault
like you will see in the Eldars move picture, I literally smash the fire warrior with the wrath of my Spawns lab project then reorganize in ruins and on the smoking falcon. My Daemon Prince kill the last Scorpion in a minor effort and consolidated under the cover provided by the rhino. I assaulted the Deathstars hoping to instant kill Eldrad or more reasonably lock him for some turn and guess what I missed all my attacks, again. Hopefully this squad have hard time versus walker it doesn't damage me neither.
 
3rd Turn
Reserve: Warp Spiders deepstrike behind my Hellbrute and the Crimson Hunter arrived rushing toward my defensive position.(my intercept does a glance)
Buff: Fortune and conceal


Eldars  moves







 
The Eldars felling the threat brought by my monstrous spawns he moved in order to stop this insanity rampage.
 
Eldars Shooting
The Warp Spiders wreck my Hellbrute without efforts, but....
In despite of all probability my spawns soak an abnormal HUGE numbers of wounds, thank to the cover+ High toughness+ FNP, I knew the chaos god had a greater plan for me ;). Eldars so disturb by what happened forgot to use his battle focus.
 
 
Eldars Assault
Finally the death stars cause 2 more glance at my Maulerfiend wrecking it. 
 
4th Turn
 
Reserve: Chaos biker arrived and the last marine squad also.
Buff: FNP on Spawn
 
 
CSM moves

Prince jumped over the ruins near the Guardian squad my spawns move deep in the enemy line crossing my finger the chaos good continue to bless them
 
CSM shooting
 
Sadly nothing much to say I missed my melta in a rear armour causing 1 weapon destroyed with my bike and 1 glance with my marine. I burn the majority of the Wapr Spider with my Havoc launcher and the rapid fire of the rhino, Only the Exarch survived he got mark by warpflame, but he soak the wound with his armor save. I gain a wound with my sorcerer, I lose one from dangerous terrain earlier.
 
 CSM Assault
My prince bring death among the guardian, but they stand the ground. I made a balls move with my spawns making a multiple assault locking the Dire Avenger squad, the Dark Reaper and the Windrider. Eldar players couldn't do anything against T6 he decide to use the 'our weapon are useless' rule, sadly it wasn't a real good thing for him  the Dire Avenger run off the table the Dark Reaper got wiped and the Windrider could escaped.
 
4th Turn
Buff: Fortune and conceal
Eldars  moves
The Eldar who was harass everywhere decided to face the new incoming threat and come back with Eldrad to punish the DP for his crimes.
 
Eldars Shooting
 
The Eldars shoot at he bike killing 2 of them thank you jinks and FNP and the DP suffer of one wound. Eldars have also ripped apart my spawn squad, all good things come to end I suppose.At the end of his shooting phase the warpflame kill the Spider Exach (if you remember my havoc launcher who cost me 51pts  (36+15) kill 8 Guardian average 72pts, 2x Scorpions 34pts and 6 Spider 159pts TOTAL 265pts, this combo doe it more than often.)
 
Eldars Assault
no assault this time
 
5th Turn

 
CSM moves
My move was pretty short I disembarked from the rhino in order to score the objective, I pushed forward with my rhino and place my bike and my prince ready for assault.
 
CSM shooting
my Shooting was also short because my forces was greatly reduce and the rest of it was not in line of sight.
 
 
CSM Assault
the assault part wasn't that hot but it was wise I killed the last Troop, Windrider with my DP, denying the possibility to my opponent to score, I had also assault prism with my bike making a glance with my melta bomb and I finally destroyed the scatter laser on the last Wave Serpent.
 
5th Turn
Buff: Fortune and conceal
 
Eldars  moves
Eldars move his Fire Prisms in order to shoot my cultist than push the gas to denied my objectives ( I respect the tactics, but thing goes wrong and he got immobilized in the cover).He move his vipers in order to shoot my bikes and he make a fancy dancing move with his Crimson Hunter to shoot my Space marines squad where he put a X of death zone whit his Wave Serpent. He bring Eldrad and the few remains of the Wraithguard and Guardians near to assault my Prince.
 
Eldars Shooting
With the Flyers and his Wave Serpent he killed 3 out of 5 of my CSM squad they answer I don't give a shit of your bullet and they stay there. He also killed 2 out of 3 of my bike with his Vipers and Prism and my bike had the same answer of my CSM squad.
 
Eldars Assault
When things goes wrong they come in packs Eldrad who statistically kill my Prince easily got Smash by him (what is instant killed him), I presume Tzeencth trick his minds.
 
Conclusion
 
Face of the impossibility to wins the Eldars player give up. Here is a picture of the end games state. I was pretty satisfied to win my first battle report on my blog particularly against a army list who already had rapped me ....Literally.
 
My list pro and cons
 
Pro
  • High maneuverability
  • resilient fast attack made it T6 spawns with force multiplier does it
  • Prince build this way can do it, but stay low profile more as possible in a first turn
Cons
  • Don't buy dozer blade could screw my plan more than often
  • Mediocre deployment for my fire base
  • a small amounts of troops for 3k games
 
 

 
 
 










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did you manage to lose your Heldrake in turn 1? It has to start the game in reserve

Unknown said...

I start him in a hover mode. Risky move if you start turn, because your opponent can steal it from you.